Please take a few moments to go over the rules below with your child. Riding the bus is a privilege that can be lost.
you have any problems or concerns and need to talk with your child’s
driver please either call the Transportation Office or if it is safe to
do so talk to the driver through their side window. Please remember they
have other stops and a time schedule so please do not delay them long.
To avoid any legal trouble please do not step on to the bus to talk with
the driver. Under Missouri law this is trespassing and for the safety
of the students we transport Mehlville School District has posted
warnings on all buses.
Bus Riding Rules
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Keep head, hands, feet and objects to yourself and in the bus, keeping the aisles clear.
3. Stay in your seat. (Back To Back, Seat To Seat).
4. Do not eat, drink, litter, write on, or damage the bus in any way.
5. No loud talking or noises, no cursing, no swearing.
Severe: Fighting, Smoking or Carrying Weapons.
Transportation Department wants to ensure a safe, enjoyable and
efficient ride to and from school for all students. In addition to the
rules listed above, please remember a few additional tips for safe
school bus riding.
1. Leave home early enough to arrive at the bus stop on time.
2. Wait for the bus in a safe place. Show respect for others’ property.
3. Use a single bus stop, the one closest to your home.
4. Never bring animals, glass, weapons or explosive materials on the bus.
5. Objects such as hockey sticks, skateboards, ball bats, large band instruments and radios are prohibited.
6. Remove all drawstrings from your child’s clothing.
HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR.